The OSD Options Chooser will display an option chooser box during OSD when a computername starts with MININT or MINWINPC (unknown computers). The user can type a computername and choose in which Active Directory OU the computer will be placed during the installation. It will set a Task Sequence variable OSDDepartment which will be used in the Task Sequence to move a computer to another OU.
When the computername doesn’t start with MININT or MINWINPC the Options Chooser won’t pup-up.
In this example the OSD Option Chooser will ask for a computer name and gives 4 computer type choices. The installation will be un-anttended and will close when the computername does NOT start with MININT or MIN-WINPC.
1. Create a source directory and place the two file with the name:
You can find the source at the end of this page.
2. Check the code in the: OSDOptionsChooserv3.hta
3. Check the code in the: OpenDesktop.vbs
Change the values in the .vbs
4. Create a Configuration Manager Package and deploy it to the distribution points.
BLS0122 OSD Options Chooser
5. Open the boot image and add the Optional Component:
deploy this boot image to the distribu-tion points.
6. Open a Task Sequence and add the OSD Option Chooser package right …read more
Read more here:: Kamm and Re