Windows Management User Group

SQL Server Reporting Services 2016 RTM Bug ‘Could not load folder contents. Something went wrong. Please try again later.’. Fixed with CU#1 or later AND with SP1…

By Marnix Wolf

image

Update: As it turns out, this issue is solved in CU#1 for SQL Server 2016 and later CUs (#2 and #3) and in SQL Server 2016 SP1 as well. To be more specific,

This really surprised me since the SCOM Reporting component works great! Time for some troubleshooting.

How to troubleshoot SSRS 2016
Gladly SSRS 2016 logs by default quite a lot. The best approach is to clean up the ‘old’ logs and start fresh. This way you’re looking at the real issues at hand and not old issues.

Therefore I stopped the SSRS 2016 service on the problematic box (SQL Server Reporting Services ([SQL INSTANCE NAME])), SQL Server Reporting Services (MSSQLSERVER) in my case, and deleted all the logfiles present in the folder ~:Program FilesMicrosoft SQL ServerMSRS13.MSSQLSERVERReporting ServicesLogFiles.

Then I started the SSRS 2016 service. When started two new logfiles are created:

Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.WebHost_MM_DD_YYYY_HH_MM_SS.log; ReportServerService__MM_DD_YYYY_HH_MM_SS.log.

After starting the SSRS 2016 service, I started IE on the same box and opened the web portal url of SSRS 2016. And again I was thrown the previous mentioned error.

Time to check both logfiles. As it turned out only one logfile contained an …read more

Read more here:: Thoughts on OpsMgr and System Center 2012